I’m going to be straight with you here, I am a little bit embarrassed that it took me this long to post kale chips. My mom and I discovered them a while ago, and have been going bananas over them since. And today is the day I share it with you. This is absolutely the perfect snack. First of all, you are eating kale… which is awesome. Fearless and rugged roommate M thinks of kale as nature’s body floss. Secondly, they get SUPER crunchy when baked… and who doesn’t love super crunchy stuff? And lastly, lets not forget about the zippy salt and vinegar combo i’m slathering on these bad larries.
I mean, look at how gorgeous this purple kale is? I will spare you, but needless to say… I could go on about kale forever. I love kale. I love every kind of kale. I just want to hug all of it, but I can’t… can’t hug all the kale.
Ah hem. Sorry. I also love cats, but that is a different story for another day.
I love the intensely purple stems of this variety.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Clean and prepare the kale by washing, drying, removing the central rib and tearing into bite size pieces.
- Put the kale in a ziploc bag with the remaining ingredients.
- Massage (or samage as my niece says) the kale until evenly coated.
- Spread the kale chips out onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately (no really, I usually eat them directly off of the baking sheet)!